My furnace has been acting up. Granted, my house is 100+ years old, and my furnace is a good 50-60 years old. It needs a major update, but as it keeps running and I don't have the money to replace it quite yet ... well you see what I'm getting at. It will hopefully hang in there a little longer.
My house is still reasonably warm for the most part. Some moments it drops to like 68 and won't climb back up past 70, and other times it climbs up without problems. Having an older house, I have to keep my furnace hotter than an energy efficient house. 70 is a bit too breezy for me in the winter. So during the night when I'm working and start to get cold, I start with socks and a sweater. When I get cold after I am bundled ... then I start wishing for days like this:




I'm missing bare feet, sunshine, green grass and go play outside weather. I'm just not a snow bunny. I can handle snow long enough for Christmas and then I want it out of here. If only it snowed only in the mountains, or only on my grass and not on the road or the sidewalk, I could possibly change my mind. Frigid temperatures and me just don't get a long.
Enough complaining. I think I will just go gaze out my window and keep wishing my tulips were starting to come out of the ground.
My house is still reasonably warm for the most part. Some moments it drops to like 68 and won't climb back up past 70, and other times it climbs up without problems. Having an older house, I have to keep my furnace hotter than an energy efficient house. 70 is a bit too breezy for me in the winter. So during the night when I'm working and start to get cold, I start with socks and a sweater. When I get cold after I am bundled ... then I start wishing for days like this:
I'm missing bare feet, sunshine, green grass and go play outside weather. I'm just not a snow bunny. I can handle snow long enough for Christmas and then I want it out of here. If only it snowed only in the mountains, or only on my grass and not on the road or the sidewalk, I could possibly change my mind. Frigid temperatures and me just don't get a long.
Enough complaining. I think I will just go gaze out my window and keep wishing my tulips were starting to come out of the ground.
2 comments:
I agree and you live in the wrong place for a winter hater. I don't miss Cache Valley winters.
I feel your 100+ cold house pain! Our house is so not energy efficient! I crank our furnace up to a ridiculous temperature and we still freeze. And that's not even getting me started on the lovely other home repairs that come with older homes and lack of storage!
Post a Comment