This place.
I really felt at home there. The only other classroom I really felt at home in was the ceramics lab at Sky View High.
I really loved going to school there. I really loved going to school to cook and do something fun everyday. I really loved taking a small break from Ethan and cleaning all day long. I missed him like crazy, but it was a nice break.
I have always felt like a shy person who has a hard time opening up and just letting loose. I think I opened up really fast at school, and because of it, I had a great time. I never considered myself a popular kid, or a popular person ... but once I opened up, sure I was liked, but probably never the "favorite" or anything like that. There are times in my life when I still feel completely left out. I'm sure sometimes I am overreacting, but sometimes it really gets to me. When I think about it, sometimes I think that's why I've become such a hermit. It's just easier that way.
At school I felt like the popular kid. Everyone flocked to me when I walked in the door. It made it even more fun. I had a lot of friends there and I looked forward to seeing them everyday.
There was a joke at school that started on my first day, but it became sort of my motto for that class. "I'm kind of a big deal around here." I would say it often with a huge grin on my face, and keep on smiling the rest of the day. Yes, it was crazy stressful at times, but I did really enjoy it. I wish one day I could go back and finish my program completely. I just don't know how to do that with two children. Maybe one day.
No comments:
Post a Comment