Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The results are in...

I went to the doctor today. I talked to her about my lump and she did an ultrasound on my abdomen to see if she could see anything, and she found out that I have a hernia. The hole is a good size, maybe just smaller than a quarter. I'm relieved to finally know what is causing all that pain. I am scheduled to talk to a general surgeon next week to see what we need to do. If we can avoid it, we don't want to have me in for surgery until after the baby is born, but if it came to an emergency then right now is the best time to have it. We'll see what the surgeon says next week.

She also looked at my cute baby and it was really really mellow compared to Ethan and didn't move a whole lot but it did move a little. She said it looks perfect, the spine is perfect, the head is perfect and we are good to go! Because I went so much later than the normal first appointment, we also were able to see what it was!

My official ultrasound isn't for 5 more weeks, but here are some pictures from today's mini 14 week ultrasound (supposed to be at 12 weeks):



2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I can't imagine how painful a hernia would be while growing a baby. I hope they take good care of you. Can't wait to hear what flavor you're getting. :)

Jenny said...

So is it a boy or girl?????