He is such a joy in our lives and I honestly can't picture my life without him. It's hard to look back and try and remember life without him, it's just like he's always been here.
My baby boy, 1 day old and so perfect:


To my sweet Ethan on your 2nd birthday:
I love you so much. I hope you always know that. You bring so much love, laughter (and of course a little stress) into our home. I love to watch how much you love your dad and how much he loves you. I love to watch the two of you play and to see your face light up when you see him. I love to see how much your daddy loves you and races home from work to see you and how he just wants to play with you. He loves to take you to Lowe's to build things and to the park to play. He loves that you snuggle with him on the couch (and I know he secretly loves that you adore him way more than me. I don't mind too much, he's pretty special you know). You are so smart and I love watching you learn new things. Some of my favorites at the moment are how you mimic the cat when he meows and you walk around going "meow! meow!" in this little high pitched squeaky voice. I also love, Love, LOVE when you start laughing as hard as you can. It's so contagious and the cutest thing I've ever heard! I love that you love the dogs. I like watching you play with them and seeing the joy in your eyes when they play with you too. I love how much you love your Aunt Kacean and how much she loves you back. She gave up so much to spend every morning with you so I could go to school, and because of it you two are so close. I love when you give me little kisses and wrap your tiny little arms around my neck. I will always remember the first time you told me you loved me when we tucked you in for bed. (Your dad is still super bitter you haven't said it to him yet ...) you don't say it very often, so it made it all that much more special. I love to go into your room while you are sleeping and just watch you. You are so precious and I love you. You are the light in my life. I love you baby boy, happy 2nd birthday! Love, your mama
Last year for Ethan's birthday we were in Disneyland and couldn't do too much for his actual birthday. We ended up having a small family party about a week after we got home. This year we were able to celebrate on his actual birthday.
We had a small family spaghetti party (one of Ethan's favorite foods) at my mom's house.
Ever since my mom showed Ethan the ducks floating in her canal in the backyard, he has had a crazy obsession with ducks. Everything with wings is a duck. He loves them! Kacean and I decided he should probably have some form of a duck birthday cake, so she got to work trying to find something we both liked.
Kacean showing off the birthday cake she made for Ethan:

The first thing Ethan saw when he came downstairs after his nap was the duck cake and he went crazy! He loved it!

After dinner we had him open some presents. He still had the hang of it from Christmas and tore in.

Mart and I got him a play kitchen, some pots and pans, play food and a shopping cart full of play food. He loved it!
After he finished opening some presents we decided to let him have a go at blowing out some candles. After a couple tries he caught on and that was his all time favorite part! We had to keep lighting the candles over and over again. We eventually had to get him a new one and he just kept going.
Blowing out his second round of candles:

He thought it was great that the fire would go out and he would get all sorts of happy and excited and start clapping!


Here's a video showing you how much he loved blowing out the candles! What a funny boy
When we got back home, Ethan played with his kitchen set, pots and pans and food for probably a good hour until we finally made him go to bed. He thought it was so much fun.



Happy birthday baby! I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment