Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Hanging out

Having a pastry chef for a sister in law definitely has it's perks. Since she moved here, she asks on a regular basis what treats we want her to make. I've been telling her two different things, so she finally decided to make one of them! I wanted a pretty fruit tart...well I don't have a tart pan so we made a fruit pie....? She made the crust and the pastry cream for the filling and then we both decorated it together.





Then it was time to dig in!



Okay, so the filling didn't set up right...we don't know why ... so it was more like a fruit pudding with an awesome crust!




Kacean has a huge mouth, so she decided to show me just how big ....

The spoon on the right is a large spoon, the left is a serving spoon. That's what she decided to use.







It was very delicious! I came up with an idea for next time though. Her pastry cream won't set like it did in Oregon, so until she comes up with a recipe that works here...next time we are going to make a fruit pudding! She will make a crust and just bake it on a cookie sheet. We will put the pudding in a bowl, mix a lot of fruit and pie crust pieces in. Then layer the crust on top, and then the fruit. It will still be pretty but it will be a pudding full of surprises! Yum!

No comments: