Friday, April 10, 2009

Wicked

Last night I had the opportunity to go see Wicked on opening night in Salt Lake City. I have been wanting to see Wicked for a couple of years now so I was really really excited. I've read the book, read the Grimmerie (a detailed book on the play itself like costumes, behind the scenes make up, characters, bits and pieces of the script, etc.), I listen to the music all the time and watch clips on Youtube. I bit obsessive, I know ... Anyway, this is the first time Wicked has come to Utah and I was going to go if I could. Back in November my mom asked me what I wanted for my birthday and I told her Wicked tickets. Well, December 12 came and went (the day tickets went on sale) and I hadn't heard anything so I made the assumption that she couldn't get tickets. I heard that they were completely sold out within 45 minutes. While we were in California for Disneyland, she gave my brothers, my sister in law, Martin and me an envelope and told us all happy birthday. She had bought all of us a ticket to go see Wicked together for all of our birthdays! My mom and Debi stayed home to watch the girls and Ethan and they are going to go next week. Thanks mom!

So, Happy Birthday to me ... a few months late!


This is us at dinner before we left for Salt Lake.

From left to right: Ethan, Martin, Me, Ty, Trevor, Amy, Kylie, my mom and Katie. (Debi is taking the picture)


Debie and Ethan.


While we were eating, Ethan drank out of a straw for the first time! My baby boy is growing up!
(He hasn't done it since though ... )

You probably can't tell, but I'm bursting with excitment to finally be there!


Here is a picture of the set when you walk in, we were getting in trouble because I guess the set is copyrighted and there are no pictures allowed ... The dragon was awesome, it would move every now and again.


Okay, so we didn't have the best seats but it was awesome anyway! I've never sat so close to the ceiling but i would go again in a heartbeat, even if I had to sit in the same spot.


It was awesome. I almost cried ... but sitting inbetween Ty and Martin who would harrass me if I did kept the tears inside. :) They didn't even know why I would have cried, they don't like it quite as much as I do. Martin did say it was good enough that he would go with me again. That's a good sign.


If any of you get the opportunity to go, I would highly recommend it! It was very very good.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Glad you had a great time Kelsie!

Lindsay said...

I'm so excited for you, Kels! Those are great pictures! Looks fun! We might go in California - not sure though.

Heidi & Sio Latu said...

Oh man! I'm so jealous. I want to see Wicked so bad! I'm sure it was great.

Aunt Suzi Quilts said...

I can't believe how awesome this looks!! So much fun! I'm glad you were able to sneak a picture. I'll for sure have to send this to Elyse.
Thanks,
Suzanne K