Ber and Dallan had chosen to do a two day wedding weekend. Friday morning we did all the group pictures at the park to get that out of the way, and then Friday evening was the reception. Saturday morning was the wedding and then everyone could do what they wanted for the rest of the day. Mart and I chose to have everyone visiting over for a bbq at our house so we could hang out in a low key environment without worrying about wedding details. It was so great to spend time with family that we don't get to see very often.
And now for the pictures. . .
**There are a lot of photos, and I'm really not sure what I am supposed to say about a lot of them. I will just put short labels of what's going on**
Ber and Dallan. I'm so happy for both of them. They dated a few years back, and I told Mart over and over again how Dallan was perfect for her and she needed to marry him. I was really bummed when they broke up and for the three years they were apart, still talked about how she needed to marry him. He came back into our lives out of the blue and they were together within a month or so and engaged a month after that. I told him that when it's right, it will happen fast. We love Dallan and are glad he's officially part of our family.
Ber and Maid of Honor Kace
Ber and Mr. Zack
Tyler. He's getting so big!
Best man Mart and Dallan
All the sisters
Since Miss Jade is the only girl, she can just join us older girls. :)
All the siblings (minus Josh)
Mart, Ber and George
The Curbishley four
Ber and her four nephews (who all absolutely adore her!)
My handsome Lincoln
Mart and Ryan
Brotherly love. :)
Ber and her only niece
Ryan and Zack
They did their wedding based on Dr. Who. Having never seen the show myself ... I guess the pocket watch and the toy thing (sonic screwdriver I think they said?) are significant. I'm glad they can be nerdy together. :) Love them both!
The entire family (Curbishley side)
![]() |
More Dr. Who and their reception
Dallan and Nanan
(Seriously, why is my mouth open?)
This is Ruby and Jude. They are Ber, Kace and Mart's cousins kids. They are super adorable and I was glad I got to see them!
Jude busting a move and showing off his mad dancing skills!
When the Aquabats 'Super Rad' comes on, you have to do a circle. I think it's a requirement. :)
...And it's one of Ethan's all time favorite songs, so he was there dancing right along side everyone else!
The wedding the next day was at the Brigham temple. Logan was closed for cleaning. I had no idea what I was going to do about the fact that I had a two week old. My mom and Debi came and watched her for me so I could go to the sealing. Love these two!
There was quite the incredible experience that happened during the sealing, but since Ber hasn't heard the story yet (I want to make sure she hears it from Grandad and not on my blog) I will update this after she knows what happened. But during the sealing, I just watched both of their faces. Ber was incredibly overwhelmed (makes total sense! It was a completely new life changing experience for her!) and you could tell she wasn't catching anything that was going on. Dallan on the other hand, was just beaming. I loved watching him and just seeing him glowing! He was so happy, and it made me so happy for both of them. Congratulations Ber and Dallan! We love you both!
**Updated with the story from the sealing: For months leading up to her wedding, Ber had expressed how she needed her Dad to be there whether the family was fighting or not, because he is her only parent left. (It's the same for Kace, George and Mart too, but it seemed to have affected Ber much more at this moment). We had told her that no matter what, we would be there for her, to love and support her and Dallan. As we walked into the sealing room, it was beautiful and peaceful. The Sealer started in on his talk to Ber and Dallan, and I (along with just about everybody in the room) started to let my mind wander. He was incredibly boring and hard to pay attention too. Grandad was a witness and later told us that he couldn't follow along and starting to let his mind wander too. At that point, he looked up and distinctly saw Karen (Mart, Ber, Kace and George's mom, his daughter) standing next to Ber with eyes only for her daughter. She was so proud of her daughter and the choice she was making. Not only did Ber have her 'one living parent' with her there that day, she had both of her parents. Before it was over, Mart felt her wrap her arms around him and embrace him. He was so overwhelmed when we left the room that we had to stop in the hall and let him regain his composure. What an amazing experience.
**Photos all courtesy of Lou Collins and Lookin Fly Photography!**
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
+-+Copy.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
+-+Copy.jpg)
+-+Copy.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
1 comment:
It all turned out so beautiful! I'm excited to hear the missing story!
Post a Comment