Thursday, June 21, 2012

Blessings

Monday we all met at my mom's house for family home evening as usual. Mart's siblings Kace and her family, Ber and then their Grandparents who are here for the summer, and my family and Debi all gather at my mom's house on Monday's for family home evening. It's so much easier than trying to do something with just my small family. Anyway, when we were finished Ber took Ethan, Lincoln and Tyler outside to blow bubbles while Grandad gave my mom a blessing. She's been having issues with her eyes. During the blessing, Ethan saw what was going on through the glass door (and surprisingly didn't come bursting in!) and when it was over he came running in. He loves blessings. I was set apart on Sunday for my new calling and he ran and sat in the chair when I was finished and was expecting the Bishop to give him a blessing too. Once he was inside he grabbed a stool, climbed up and put his hands on Grandad's head and then prayed and gave him a "blessing". It was quite long. After he finished, he proceeded to go around the room and gave every person there a "blessing".


(I'm glad my mom got a picture with her phone, I didn't have my camera on me!)

I can't remember what he said in all of them, but here are bits and pieces from each one that I did remember.

In Grandad's he mentioned bubbles, and taking a shower, and a whole lot more that I can't remember. His was the first one and the longest!

In Nanan's prayer, he prayed that she will come to Disneyland with him on his birthday.

He prayed a short and to the point one for Kace blessing her to be good. :)

When he prayed for Ryan he blessed the food. I guess he was running out of things to say ...

For Tyler, he just told him to have a good day.

On Lincoln's, he mentioned something about being his brother.

When it was Mart's turn, he prayed and told him to shave off his beard because it scratches Ethan's face.

My blessing was also short. It was that I'm Mama and that I'm cute. "Mama cute". :)

When he blessed Debi, he talked so quiet that nobody really heard it. I thought I caught something about coming to our house. Hers was another really long one.

I can't remember very much about the rest, but he definitely blessed all of us.

We are so blessed to have him in our lives. He's such a special little boy.  I'm glad that the good things in life are rubbing off on him as much as the not so good things. Maybe the good will outweigh the others one day.