Last Friday, I was deep cleaning my house in hopes of getting rid of the minor ant problem in my kitchen. If there is no food ... they'll leave and find a new home...right? (So far, so good). I had been working for a few hours and was finally on the last thing. I had steam mopped my entire house and I just had to mop the mats in front of my stove and sink and I was finished. Mr. Lincoln woke up and instead of just letting him sit in his bed for 5 more minutes while I finished mopping, I went to get him and just let him run around while I finished.
A couple minutes later I was sitting on the floor putting the mats together so I could mop them (Lincoln likes to take them apart) and Lincoln just started screaming his head off! I turn and look at him and he's standing a few inches away from the steam mop, which was very hot and steam was pouring out of the side. I knew at that moment he had stood there long enough that he had burned his foot. I just didn't know how bad ... I picked him up and took him to the bathroom. I sat him on the toilet and put layer upon layer of burn free on his foot. He screamed at me each time I touched it. After probably 5 layers of burn free and a cold rag, a small blister the size of pencil eraser popped up. Within the next 30 minutes it would get to the size of a quarter. By the next day, it was the size of the entire burn! Poor little man.
In the middle of building up burn free layers on his foot, Ethan woke up from his nap. I'm sure that Lincoln screaming at the top of his lungs had something to do with it ...
Anyway, he came down the stairs and looked at Lincoln and asked "What's wrong Lincoln?" "Are you okay buddy?" and put his little arms around Lincoln's neck and gave him a sweet hug and a kiss on the forehead. "Lincoln hurt?" "Are you okay buddy?" (**I LOVE moments like that! They melt my heart!**)
On the way to instacare we stopped at my mom's house to drop off Ethan. He didn't want to go to the doctor. My mom called her friend who is a Physicians Assistant and asked if we should take him in or just lance it ourselves. He said we would be fine to lance it ourselves as long as we cleaned it really good and just kept an eye out for infection over the next few days. He didn't like it one little bit, but after it was drained and wrapped up really good he seemed much happier. He walked on his heal with his toes straight up for a couple of hours, but then he got used to it and acted totally normal.
| His foot is way too little to have a bandage on it! |
| Much happier with it all bandaged up! |
| This was taken today, just about a week later. He doesn't like the bandage removed. He likes the pressure of the wrap on his foot and gets upset every time I remove it. |
| This looks totally gross, but I'm glad it's starting to heal so he can get back to normal! |
3 comments:
Oh yikes! Poor little guy!
Ouch for sure! That happened to Blyss when she was 18 months old- both feet from stepping on a hot piece of metal in july. Poor little guy, I feel so bad for him.
Poor guy! Sorry that happened to him. I caught up with your other posts too and I could TOTALLY relate with your feelings of that hard Sunday. I have had so many days like that.
Post a Comment