Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Angry Bird-Day Ethan!!

My little Ethan was totally spoiled this year for birthdays! He's been so excited for his birthday. I think he's been counting down since Lincoln turned 1 in October. I used to catch him standing on our vents and he would close his eyes and say to himself "I'm going to January ... I'm going to January" then he would open his eyes and say something like "I'm in January! Hi January!"

I guess we had to make it big for him this year and have 3 separate birthdays. ha!

The first birthday was just basically a family dinner (post still to come ... I've been a little busy. :) )
The second was his actual birthday in Disneyland

And the third was this Angry Bird Bash with some of the neighbor kids!

I have never thrown a birthday, and so I wasn't quite sure how I wanted to do it. It all came together in the end and I think it turned out pretty good!

These are the invitations I made. They took me quite some time considering I only made 8 ...
(I'm sure if I had been better at paper crafts, it wouldn't have taken so long!)




Every birthday needs a banner! "Happy Bird-Day!"



My front door needed some love, so I adorned it with a tissue paper piggy.


I loved the paper lantern pigs! Thank you Pinterest for all of the great angry bird ideas!


The food was by far the biggest struggle for me. Not because it was food (that part is easy ...), but because one of the little boys we invited has Celiac Disease and cannot eat gluten. Yeah, gluten is in everything! I had to read every label down to the food coloring. In the end, I managed to find everything I needed. At one point, I was making my own sprinkles because I couldn't find any! That would have been no problem, but I think Seantae (his mom) was in a small panic that I would do that for them. She was happy when I managed to find sprinkles that were gluten free.

My cupcake representation of the pigs, without actually making pigs:


Can't have an angry bird bash without bird cupcakes!


My cupcake tower:


And, of course we needed more cake. :)


Bird seed pops! (for future reference, fruity pebbles are gluten free!)



My awesome sister in law Ber made all the kids a mask! They turned out so great!


We cleared all the furniture out of our living room and built an angry bird arena!



We collected small dodge balls and Mart painted bird and pig faces on them so the kids could have a ball and a mask when the party was over.


After the kids picked a mask, they all lined up and the fun began!





Ethan was so excited to have that many friends come over and play with him!



After they were done playing knock down the pigs, we went bowling for pigs.






This is my little friend Cameron who has Celiac Disease. He was so excited to be able to eat as much cake as he wanted!


I think little Lincoln ate just as much as the big kids!






It turned out awesome and Ethan had a great time! It wasn't even too crazy with 18 children in my shoebox house! I'll have to come up with a fun idea for Lincoln's birthday in October ... I'm thinking Harry Potter. :)

4 comments:

Trisha said...

Again, you sure know how to throw a party! And thanks for the invite :) I will be checking in lots!

Jenny said...

Do you hire out? I want to do an angry bird party for Cole who turns 2 in May!

Marcy M Miller said...

Looks like fun!! Cute ideas.

Suzanne said...

I want you to plan my next birthday party!